Major reshuffle in SP ranks in naxal-affected Jharkhand
Ranchi: A major reshuffle involving 21 IPS
officers was carried out on Friday, apparently with a view to
effectively combating the left-wing extremism in Jharkhand.
The reshuffle has came days after Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram described Jharkhand along with Chhatisgarh as the
epicentre of the left-wing naxalism.
Khunti Superintendent of Police Jatin Narwal has been
posted to Palamau while Chatra SP Narendra Kumar Singh has
been shifted as SP, Gumla, an official communique said here.
Ranchi SP (Rural) Anup T. Mathew has been sent to Ramgarh
as SP while Shambhu Thakur will take over as Ranchi City SP
and the incumbent Ranchi City SP A. Vijayalaxmi was moved to
Technical Services in the police department.
Giridih SP Ashim Vikrant Minz has been sent to Khunti
while Ravikant Dhan will take over Giridih as SP.
Simdega SP Abhishek has been shifted to Sareikela with
Commandant of Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) Durga Oraon
replacing him in Simdega.
Bokaro SP Laxman Prasad Singh will take over as JAP
Commandant, making way for Garhwa SP Saket Kumar Singh while
Jamtara SP Praveen Kumar Srivastav will take over Deogarh.
Ramgarh SP Homker Ammol Vinukant has been made SP Rail,
Jamshedpur, while Hemant Toppo, waiting for posting, was made
SP (Ranchi Rural).
Rail (Jamshedpur) SP Richard Lakra will go to Grhwa while
Deogarh SP Dev Bihari Sharma is going to Chatra.
Gumla SP Upendra Kumar and Mritunjaya Kumar,
waiting for posting, have been made SPs of Special Branch.
The present Commandant of JAP, Hazaribagh, has been
transfered as SP, Vigilance, while Sareikela SP has been made
Commandant of JPA, Hazaribagh.
CID SP Martin Porest Lakra has been made SP Jamtara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH