Man hacks daughter to death in Jharkhand
Dumka: A man has been accused of hacking to death his four-year-old daughter on Thursday in Badhwari village under Hansdiha police station in Dumka district.
A cart puller, Pusu Das, chopped off the neck of his third daughter Sabita and was caught by the villagers, the police said.
The reason behind the incident could not be ascertained as yet and police began investigation, Police Superintendent Nirmal Kumar Mishra said.
Das attacked Sabita with a sharp weapon and then chopped her head with sickle, the police said.
A murder case has been lodged in this connection based on the statement of the accused`s wife Jayanti Devi, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing