Man hacks daughter to death in Jharkhand
Dumka: A man has been accused of hacking to death his four-year-old daughter on Thursday in Badhwari village under Hansdiha police station in Dumka district.
A cart puller, Pusu Das, chopped off the neck of his third daughter Sabita and was caught by the villagers, the police said.
The reason behind the incident could not be ascertained as yet and police began investigation, Police Superintendent Nirmal Kumar Mishra said.
Das attacked Sabita with a sharp weapon and then chopped her head with sickle, the police said.
A murder case has been lodged in this connection based on the statement of the accused`s wife Jayanti Devi, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family