Man hacks daughter to death in Jharkhand
Dumka: A man has been accused of hacking to death his four-year-old daughter on Thursday in Badhwari village under Hansdiha police station in Dumka district.
A cart puller, Pusu Das, chopped off the neck of his third daughter Sabita and was caught by the villagers, the police said.
The reason behind the incident could not be ascertained as yet and police began investigation, Police Superintendent Nirmal Kumar Mishra said.
Das attacked Sabita with a sharp weapon and then chopped her head with sickle, the police said.
A murder case has been lodged in this connection based on the statement of the accused`s wife Jayanti Devi, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed