Man offers reward to suspended BJP MLA to vote for govt
Ranchi: A man has been arrested for allegedly offering a suitable reward to a former minister to vote in favour of the newly formed government headed by Hemant Soren in Jharkhand.
The man called suspended BJP MLA Baijanath Ram and offered him "suitable reward" if he voted in favour of the government during the trust vote.
Ram called the police around midnight last and the accused was arrested.
The police took the accused to the Doranda police station here for interrogation.
An FIR has been filed in the case, Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said on Tuesday.
Ram, along with a woman BJP leader, was suspended on "bigamy" charge a couple of months ago.
His vote is crucial when the Hemant Soren-led government takes the floor test.
The government has convened the Assembly on July 18 with vote of confidence being the house business soon after Soren was sworn in as the CM on July 13.
The JMM-Congress-RJD’s ruling coalition has 43 MLAs in the 82-member House.
Two JMM MLAs, Sita Soren and Nalin Soren, are in absconding list of the police.
Sita Soren is facing abduction charges while Nalin Soren, the former agriculture minister in the erstwhile Madhu Koda government, is wanted in a seed scam.
To have a smooth sailing, the Hemant Soren-led government has to ascertain presence of all their supporting legislators when the House meets on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state