Maoist camp destroyed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A CPI (Maoist) camp was on Sonday
destroyed at Bandgaon in West Singhbhum of Jharkhand,
apparently days after top Maoist leaders gathered there, a top
CRPF official said.
"The items the security forces recovered from the camp
indicate that top Maoists had gathered there to plan some
strategy," CRPF Deputy Inspector General of Police, Alok Raj
Among the recovered materials were dry fish, rice and
jaggery which also points that the Maoist leaders belong to
either Andhra Pradesh or West Bengal...a computer table also
indicates presence of top Maoist leaders, he said.
About twenty clamour mines were found in the camp
and had been destroyed, he added.
A total of five securitymen were injured yesterday
during the fierce encounter with the Maoists near the same
place. While three were admitted to a hospital here, two were
airlifted today, he said.
The condition of one of them was stated to be very
"We have stepped up the anti-Naxal operations, more
forces will be deployed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'