Maoist camp destroyed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A CPI (Maoist) camp was on Sonday
destroyed at Bandgaon in West Singhbhum of Jharkhand,
apparently days after top Maoist leaders gathered there, a top
CRPF official said.
"The items the security forces recovered from the camp
indicate that top Maoists had gathered there to plan some
strategy," CRPF Deputy Inspector General of Police, Alok Raj
Among the recovered materials were dry fish, rice and
jaggery which also points that the Maoist leaders belong to
either Andhra Pradesh or West Bengal...a computer table also
indicates presence of top Maoist leaders, he said.
About twenty clamour mines were found in the camp
and had been destroyed, he added.
A total of five securitymen were injured yesterday
during the fierce encounter with the Maoists near the same
place. While three were admitted to a hospital here, two were
airlifted today, he said.
The condition of one of them was stated to be very
"We have stepped up the anti-Naxal operations, more
forces will be deployed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday