Maoists abduct five, free one in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoists abducted five people in Jharkhand`s Giridih district but later freed the driver of their vehicle, police said Saturday.
Three of the victims are members of the Prime Minister Rural Development Fellowship programme.
The abduction took place in Navkania village, around 300 km from Ranchi.
"We have launched an operation to free the abducted people," Kranti Kumar, the superintendent of police of Giridih, told IANS over telephone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday