Maoists blow up house, kidnap two in Jharkand
Bokaro: The Maoists, who had killed a contractor on October four, on Friday blew up his vacant house in Bokaro district, and kidnapped two employees of a road construction company in Garhwa district.
The Maoists set off explosives at the house at Tulgul village and left behind a poster alleging that the contractor, Pramod Singh, had been killed and his house blown up because he collected levy in their name, Superintendent of Police, Saket Kumar Singh, told newsmen here.
Maoists also kidnapped two employees of a road construction company, Kamruddin and Bilal Ansari, and torched a machine belonging to the Prime Minister’s Gram Sadak Yozana at Chinia village in Garwah district, the officer-in-charge of Chinia police station, H C Pal, told newsmen here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal