Maoists blow up house, kidnap two in Jharkand
Bokaro: The Maoists, who had killed a contractor on October four, on Friday blew up his vacant house in Bokaro district, and kidnapped two employees of a road construction company in Garhwa district.
The Maoists set off explosives at the house at Tulgul village and left behind a poster alleging that the contractor, Pramod Singh, had been killed and his house blown up because he collected levy in their name, Superintendent of Police, Saket Kumar Singh, told newsmen here.
Maoists also kidnapped two employees of a road construction company, Kamruddin and Bilal Ansari, and torched a machine belonging to the Prime Minister’s Gram Sadak Yozana at Chinia village in Garwah district, the officer-in-charge of Chinia police station, H C Pal, told newsmen here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes