‘Maoists got US-weapon through Myanmar route’
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Director General of Police GS Rath on Wednesday said that Maoists arrested with US-made weapon, Colt M-16 in Hazaribagh on August 29, got it from the Myanmar route.
"This weapon came into Maoists hands from Myanmar, where extremists are very active," the DGP said at a press conference here.
Not ruling out that the arms might have come into Jharkhand from the Bihar route, he said, the recoveries showed how strong the intelligence network had become in the state.
Stating, it was not the first time that the police had seized foreign arms from the Maoists, the DGP said, earlier too foreign arms were seized from the rebels at Chaibasa, Palamau and Jamshedpur.
A team of National Investigation Agency interrogated the two arrested Maoists, who were nabbed with the US-made weapon and a Rs 4 lakh worth bullet-proof jacket, made in the United Kingdom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation