‘Maoists got US-weapon through Myanmar route’
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Director General of Police GS Rath on Wednesday said that Maoists arrested with US-made weapon, Colt M-16 in Hazaribagh on August 29, got it from the Myanmar route.
"This weapon came into Maoists hands from Myanmar, where extremists are very active," the DGP said at a press conference here.
Not ruling out that the arms might have come into Jharkhand from the Bihar route, he said, the recoveries showed how strong the intelligence network had become in the state.
Stating, it was not the first time that the police had seized foreign arms from the Maoists, the DGP said, earlier too foreign arms were seized from the rebels at Chaibasa, Palamau and Jamshedpur.
A team of National Investigation Agency interrogated the two arrested Maoists, who were nabbed with the US-made weapon and a Rs 4 lakh worth bullet-proof jacket, made in the United Kingdom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes