‘Maoists got US-weapon through Myanmar route’
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Director General of Police GS Rath on Wednesday said that Maoists arrested with US-made weapon, Colt M-16 in Hazaribagh on August 29, got it from the Myanmar route.
"This weapon came into Maoists hands from Myanmar, where extremists are very active," the DGP said at a press conference here.
Not ruling out that the arms might have come into Jharkhand from the Bihar route, he said, the recoveries showed how strong the intelligence network had become in the state.
Stating, it was not the first time that the police had seized foreign arms from the Maoists, the DGP said, earlier too foreign arms were seized from the rebels at Chaibasa, Palamau and Jamshedpur.
A team of National Investigation Agency interrogated the two arrested Maoists, who were nabbed with the US-made weapon and a Rs 4 lakh worth bullet-proof jacket, made in the United Kingdom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days