`Maoists lending money & investing in coal mining`
Giridih: A Maoist arrested
from the Naxal-hit Giridih district today confessed that the
money being extorted by the ultra outfit was being invested in
illegal coal mining and money lending business.
In the course of investigation, Mannu Baitha has
confessed that the Maoists are lending money on interest to
poor villagers, apart from investing in illegal coal mining in
the district, district Superintendent of Police A B Homkar
Baitha was arrested alongwith Rs 5.40 lakhs extorted
from a contractor of a construction company. A motorcycle was
also seized from his possession, he said.
Chotelal Yadav, the contractor, was also arrested for
`supporting` the Maoists by paying them money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?