`Maoists lending money & investing in coal mining`
Giridih: A Maoist arrested
from the Naxal-hit Giridih district today confessed that the
money being extorted by the ultra outfit was being invested in
illegal coal mining and money lending business.
In the course of investigation, Mannu Baitha has
confessed that the Maoists are lending money on interest to
poor villagers, apart from investing in illegal coal mining in
the district, district Superintendent of Police A B Homkar
Baitha was arrested alongwith Rs 5.40 lakhs extorted
from a contractor of a construction company. A motorcycle was
also seized from his possession, he said.
Chotelal Yadav, the contractor, was also arrested for
`supporting` the Maoists by paying them money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport