`Maoists lending money & investing in coal mining`
Giridih: A Maoist arrested
from the Naxal-hit Giridih district today confessed that the
money being extorted by the ultra outfit was being invested in
illegal coal mining and money lending business.
In the course of investigation, Mannu Baitha has
confessed that the Maoists are lending money on interest to
poor villagers, apart from investing in illegal coal mining in
the district, district Superintendent of Police A B Homkar
Baitha was arrested alongwith Rs 5.40 lakhs extorted
from a contractor of a construction company. A motorcycle was
also seized from his possession, he said.
Chotelal Yadav, the contractor, was also arrested for
`supporting` the Maoists by paying them money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!