`Maoists lending money & investing in coal mining`
Giridih: A Maoist arrested
from the Naxal-hit Giridih district today confessed that the
money being extorted by the ultra outfit was being invested in
illegal coal mining and money lending business.
In the course of investigation, Mannu Baitha has
confessed that the Maoists are lending money on interest to
poor villagers, apart from investing in illegal coal mining in
the district, district Superintendent of Police A B Homkar
Baitha was arrested alongwith Rs 5.40 lakhs extorted
from a contractor of a construction company. A motorcycle was
also seized from his possession, he said.
Chotelal Yadav, the contractor, was also arrested for
`supporting` the Maoists by paying them money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda