`Maoists lending money & investing in coal mining`
Giridih: A Maoist arrested
from the Naxal-hit Giridih district today confessed that the
money being extorted by the ultra outfit was being invested in
illegal coal mining and money lending business.
In the course of investigation, Mannu Baitha has
confessed that the Maoists are lending money on interest to
poor villagers, apart from investing in illegal coal mining in
the district, district Superintendent of Police A B Homkar
Baitha was arrested alongwith Rs 5.40 lakhs extorted
from a contractor of a construction company. A motorcycle was
also seized from his possession, he said.
Chotelal Yadav, the contractor, was also arrested for
`supporting` the Maoists by paying them money.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video