Maoists torch machinery of road construction company
Giridih: Maoists torched machinery and vehicles of a road construction company in Giridih district, the police said on Sunday.
About dozen armed rebels poured petrol on nine earth cutting machinery and tractors of the company near Dawatand village of the district last night, Superintendent of Police AV Homkar told reporters here.
The SP suspected that refusal of extortion could be the reason behind the destruction of property by the Maoists.
The company engaged in road construction in Giridih district had lost three costly machinery when the ultras torched them three years ago.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda during his recent visit to Giridih to inspect conditions of road had warned that action would be taken if road conditions were not improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!