Maoists torch machinery of road construction company
Giridih: Maoists torched machinery and vehicles of a road construction company in Giridih district, the police said on Sunday.
About dozen armed rebels poured petrol on nine earth cutting machinery and tractors of the company near Dawatand village of the district last night, Superintendent of Police AV Homkar told reporters here.
The SP suspected that refusal of extortion could be the reason behind the destruction of property by the Maoists.
The company engaged in road construction in Giridih district had lost three costly machinery when the ultras torched them three years ago.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda during his recent visit to Giridih to inspect conditions of road had warned that action would be taken if road conditions were not improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred