Maoists torch machinery of road construction company
Giridih: Maoists torched machinery and vehicles of a road construction company in Giridih district, the police said on Sunday.
About dozen armed rebels poured petrol on nine earth cutting machinery and tractors of the company near Dawatand village of the district last night, Superintendent of Police AV Homkar told reporters here.
The SP suspected that refusal of extortion could be the reason behind the destruction of property by the Maoists.
The company engaged in road construction in Giridih district had lost three costly machinery when the ultras torched them three years ago.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda during his recent visit to Giridih to inspect conditions of road had warned that action would be taken if road conditions were not improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH