Marandi to meet President today, demand Assembly dissolution
Ranchi: A delegation of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday to demand for dissolution of State Assembly.
The party delegation would be led by former chief minister Babulal Marandi, party sources said here on Monday.
Some other legislators of the party would represent the delegation, the sources said.
The party has been demanding immediate dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly to pave the way for a fresh mandate.
Jharkhand is under President`s rule from January 18 after the BJP-led government fell on January 8. The 81-member house is under suspended animation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what