Marandi to meet President today, demand Assembly dissolution
Ranchi: A delegation of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday to demand for dissolution of State Assembly.
The party delegation would be led by former chief minister Babulal Marandi, party sources said here on Monday.
Some other legislators of the party would represent the delegation, the sources said.
The party has been demanding immediate dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly to pave the way for a fresh mandate.
Jharkhand is under President`s rule from January 18 after the BJP-led government fell on January 8. The 81-member house is under suspended animation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement