Murder accused to get best legislator award
Ranchi: Janardhan Paswan, an accused in a murder case, is set to get the best legislator award of Jharkhand even as his selection has come as a surprise to many members of the state assembly.
Paswan is a Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) legislator from Chatra. He will be conferred the best legislator award Monday night in the state assembly.
Every year on its establishment day Nov 22, the Jharkhand assembly confers the awardon a selected member. This year the assembly committee chose Paswan for the honour, never mind that he is an accused in the murder of a government official, Mohammad Ali, not so long ago.
Ali was a child development project officer of Chatra district and was killed in January this year.
The ruling BJP as well opposition parties are stunned with the selection of Prasad for the award.
"It is sad that a murder accused will be conferred the best legislator award. I am unable to understand how he was selected despite the fact he does not fulfil the parameters of being the best legislator," Satyanand Bhokta, former minister and a BJP leader, told reporters.
CP Singh, who is the speaker and a senior BJP leader, headed the assembly committee that selected Paswan for the hoour.
But Singh said: "Even opposition members were members of the committee."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal