One dead, eight trapped as Jharkhand mine caves in
Ranchi: One woman was killed as a mine caved in on Monday morning in Jharkhand`s coal city Dhanbad, police said. Eight miners are feared trapped.
The accident occurred at the closed Khudia colliery of Eastern Coalfield Limited (ECL) in Dhanbad, some 260 km from here.
"Around 10 to 12 illegal miners were working at the ECL mine. The roof suddenly caved in, trapping nine of them. The woman`s body was removed by the villagers. The rest are still trapped," a police officer said.
More than 350 people have lost their lives in illegal coal mining in the state over the past decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'