Mysterious disease kills primitive tribespersons
Latehar (Jharkhand): Fifteen persons belonging to a primitive tribe died of a mysterious disease in the past one month in Jharkhand`s Latehar district.
The deaths included two persons, who died of the disease at Champa village in Mahuadand in Latehar district today.
Pradip Waski, an official of disease surveillance programme, told newsmen that currently they were gathering information about the disease and taking action after examining the affected persons.
Official sources confirmed eleven deaths due to the
disease during the period.
Waski said a disease surveillance programme team
from Ranchi would visit the affected areas tomorrow to take
stock of the situation.
Sources said the affected persons including women and
children were being treated.
The civil surgeon of the district, Aron Tigga said
the district administration would take the help of Centre, if
the situation demands.
Referring the disease, he said the affected persons
fell sick suddenly, suffer distended stomach and the skin turn
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir