Mysterious disease kills primitive tribespersons
Latehar (Jharkhand): Fifteen persons belonging to a primitive tribe died of a mysterious disease in the past one month in Jharkhand`s Latehar district.
The deaths included two persons, who died of the disease at Champa village in Mahuadand in Latehar district today.
Pradip Waski, an official of disease surveillance programme, told newsmen that currently they were gathering information about the disease and taking action after examining the affected persons.
Official sources confirmed eleven deaths due to the
disease during the period.
Waski said a disease surveillance programme team
from Ranchi would visit the affected areas tomorrow to take
stock of the situation.
Sources said the affected persons including women and
children were being treated.
The civil surgeon of the district, Aron Tigga said
the district administration would take the help of Centre, if
the situation demands.
Referring the disease, he said the affected persons
fell sick suddenly, suffer distended stomach and the skin turn
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj