Naxal affected families in Jharkhand demand justice
Chaliyama: Years of Naxal-led violence have affected many families in Jharkhand.
In 2009, Naxals killed two residents of Chaliyama village in the state’s Kharsawan District.
Shankar Das, a social worker, was one of them. He was gunned down by Naxals as he was suspected of being a police informer.
The latter publicised their inhuman act through posters in the area, and now family members of Das are seeking justice.
“On March 22, 2009, there was a prayer meeting in the village. It was a large gathering of around 5,000 people and I was attending it along with my father. My father left for home for some time and he stopped at a shop to buy some stuff. It was then that two unidentified people shot him dead,” claims Amitab, Shankar Das’ son.
There are many such victims of Naxal atrocities in Jharkhand and the state continues to be affected by Maoist violence.
Jeetan Singh of Jahira Tand village in Kharsawan District was also shot dead by Naxals.
His family has now migrated from the village and leading a life of misery.
“We were going to attend a marriage in a nearby village by car. We stopped at Bmani to do some shopping for the ceremony. Some unidentified people on a two-wheeler shot my husband,” says Hemlata, his widow.
The Naxals have been killing social workers, politicians and common people, falsely accusing them of being police informers or attributing some other reason for the killings.
They have no mercy for the poor and don’t care about the outcome of their horrifying acts.
The families whose breadwinners are killed continue to suffer.
They are now demanding justice and want severe punishment for the criminals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know