Naxal affected families in Jharkhand demand justice
Chaliyama: Years of Naxal-led violence have affected many families in Jharkhand.
In 2009, Naxals killed two residents of Chaliyama village in the state’s Kharsawan District.
Shankar Das, a social worker, was one of them. He was gunned down by Naxals as he was suspected of being a police informer.
The latter publicised their inhuman act through posters in the area, and now family members of Das are seeking justice.
“On March 22, 2009, there was a prayer meeting in the village. It was a large gathering of around 5,000 people and I was attending it along with my father. My father left for home for some time and he stopped at a shop to buy some stuff. It was then that two unidentified people shot him dead,” claims Amitab, Shankar Das’ son.
There are many such victims of Naxal atrocities in Jharkhand and the state continues to be affected by Maoist violence.
Jeetan Singh of Jahira Tand village in Kharsawan District was also shot dead by Naxals.
His family has now migrated from the village and leading a life of misery.
“We were going to attend a marriage in a nearby village by car. We stopped at Bmani to do some shopping for the ceremony. Some unidentified people on a two-wheeler shot my husband,” says Hemlata, his widow.
The Naxals have been killing social workers, politicians and common people, falsely accusing them of being police informers or attributing some other reason for the killings.
They have no mercy for the poor and don’t care about the outcome of their horrifying acts.
The families whose breadwinners are killed continue to suffer.
They are now demanding justice and want severe punishment for the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days