New Vice Chancellor for BIT-Mesra
Ranchi: The Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra, Ranchi got a permanent vice chancellor (VC) after a gap of one-and-half years with Ajay Chakrabarty Tuesday assuming the post.
According to a BIT press statement, Chakrabarty was earlier Dean of Electronics and Communications Engineering at IIT Kharagpur with which he was associated for three decades. He was also associated with the University of Syracuse, USA.
Chakrabarty is an expert in the field of communications, antenna and microwave engineering. He has been the recipient of INSA-COASTED Fellowship, the URSI Young Scientist Award Scheme and the recipient of SEMCE (I) Award for contribution in teaching & research. He is also the vice chairman of the Society of EMC Engineers, India.
P.K. Barai was acting VC of BIT-Mesra for the last one-and-half years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in