New Vice Chancellor for BIT-Mesra
Ranchi: The Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra, Ranchi got a permanent vice chancellor (VC) after a gap of one-and-half years with Ajay Chakrabarty Tuesday assuming the post.
According to a BIT press statement, Chakrabarty was earlier Dean of Electronics and Communications Engineering at IIT Kharagpur with which he was associated for three decades. He was also associated with the University of Syracuse, USA.
Chakrabarty is an expert in the field of communications, antenna and microwave engineering. He has been the recipient of INSA-COASTED Fellowship, the URSI Young Scientist Award Scheme and the recipient of SEMCE (I) Award for contribution in teaching & research. He is also the vice chairman of the Society of EMC Engineers, India.
P.K. Barai was acting VC of BIT-Mesra for the last one-and-half years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state