No helmet, no petrol in Ranchi
Ranchi: If you drive into a Ranchi petrol station on your two-wheeler without a helmet, be prepared to be refused fuel.
To ensure the safety of bikers, the Ranchi district administration has directed petrol pump owners not to give fuel to those who are not wearing a helmet, an official said Tuesday.
"Deputy Commissioner (DC) of Ranchi KK Soan has directed all pump owners of Ranchi not to give petrol to two-wheeler riders without helmets. He has also asked petrol pump owners to come out with such a notice at their petrol pumps," an official said.
Petrol pump owners have also been asked to set up CCTV cameras. Soan has also asked them to note down the number of a two-wheeler if its rider is without a helmet and tries to get petrol by force.
The move is aimed at minimising the casualties in road accidents.
In Ranchi, there are more than 43,000 registered two-wheelers. Police in the past had launched a special drive against those not wearing helmet. Ranchi police early this month had also started garlanding such riders.
Petrol pump owners are skeptical of the move. There are around 95 petrol stations in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi