No relaxation in anti-Naxalite ops in Palamau zone: Police
Medininagar: There will be no relaxation in the ongoing anti-Maoist operations in Palamau, Latehar and Garwah districts of Jharkhand, newly appointed Inspector General (Palamau Zone), R K Mallick said on Friday.
Mallick, who assumed the charge as Palamau Zonal IG, told newsmen that the investigation into Maoist and criminal activities should be of higher standard to ensure punishment to them under law.
The work culture of the police department needed to be changed as the existing police manual was very old, he said, adding, "We have to adapt to the changing scenario and take along people to achieve the desired goal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof