No relaxation in anti-Naxalite ops in Palamau zone: Police
Medininagar: There will be no relaxation in the ongoing anti-Maoist operations in Palamau, Latehar and Garwah districts of Jharkhand, newly appointed Inspector General (Palamau Zone), R K Mallick said on Friday.
Mallick, who assumed the charge as Palamau Zonal IG, told newsmen that the investigation into Maoist and criminal activities should be of higher standard to ensure punishment to them under law.
The work culture of the police department needed to be changed as the existing police manual was very old, he said, adding, "We have to adapt to the changing scenario and take along people to achieve the desired goal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say