No relaxation in anti-Naxalite ops in Palamau zone: Police
Medininagar: There will be no relaxation in the ongoing anti-Maoist operations in Palamau, Latehar and Garwah districts of Jharkhand, newly appointed Inspector General (Palamau Zone), R K Mallick said on Friday.
Mallick, who assumed the charge as Palamau Zonal IG, told newsmen that the investigation into Maoist and criminal activities should be of higher standard to ensure punishment to them under law.
The work culture of the police department needed to be changed as the existing police manual was very old, he said, adding, "We have to adapt to the changing scenario and take along people to achieve the desired goal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional