No relaxation in anti-Naxalite ops in Palamau zone: Police
Medininagar: There will be no relaxation in the ongoing anti-Maoist operations in Palamau, Latehar and Garwah districts of Jharkhand, newly appointed Inspector General (Palamau Zone), R K Mallick said on Friday.
Mallick, who assumed the charge as Palamau Zonal IG, told newsmen that the investigation into Maoist and criminal activities should be of higher standard to ensure punishment to them under law.
The work culture of the police department needed to be changed as the existing police manual was very old, he said, adding, "We have to adapt to the changing scenario and take along people to achieve the desired goal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail