`Operation against Maoists will be intensified in Jharkhand`
Dhanbad; Jharkhand government has decided to intensify operation against the Maoists and ruled out any dialogue with the left-wing guerrillas in the wake of the elimination of a CRPF officer by the rebels on July 4.
"The Maoists don`t have any ideology and it appears they are a gang of looters. Now there will be no talks with the Maoists. Action against them will be intensified," Chief Secretary Sajal Chakraborty said at a press conference here yesterday.
Stating that the sacrifice of CRPF Assistant Commandant Hira Kumar Jha would not go waste, Chakraborty said that the security forces would fight the Maoists to finish the menace.
"He (Jha) has proved his ability as an officer, sacrificing his life fighting the enemies. The Maoist incidents will not be tolerated at any cost. We`ll not tolerate any political interference in the ongoing drive against them in Jharkhand," he said.
Committing to root out Maoism in the state, he held the Maoists responsible for the malnutrition of children and for the poor health of people in remote villages by obstructing execution of welfare schemes in rural areas.
Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said the drive against the Maoists would be stepped up.
"Police will fight till the menace is completely rooted out," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India