`Operation against Maoists will be intensified in Jharkhand`
Dhanbad; Jharkhand government has decided to intensify operation against the Maoists and ruled out any dialogue with the left-wing guerrillas in the wake of the elimination of a CRPF officer by the rebels on July 4.
"The Maoists don`t have any ideology and it appears they are a gang of looters. Now there will be no talks with the Maoists. Action against them will be intensified," Chief Secretary Sajal Chakraborty said at a press conference here yesterday.
Stating that the sacrifice of CRPF Assistant Commandant Hira Kumar Jha would not go waste, Chakraborty said that the security forces would fight the Maoists to finish the menace.
"He (Jha) has proved his ability as an officer, sacrificing his life fighting the enemies. The Maoist incidents will not be tolerated at any cost. We`ll not tolerate any political interference in the ongoing drive against them in Jharkhand," he said.
Committing to root out Maoism in the state, he held the Maoists responsible for the malnutrition of children and for the poor health of people in remote villages by obstructing execution of welfare schemes in rural areas.
Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said the drive against the Maoists would be stepped up.
"Police will fight till the menace is completely rooted out," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in