`Operation against Maoists will be intensified in Jharkhand`
Dhanbad; Jharkhand government has decided to intensify operation against the Maoists and ruled out any dialogue with the left-wing guerrillas in the wake of the elimination of a CRPF officer by the rebels on July 4.
"The Maoists don`t have any ideology and it appears they are a gang of looters. Now there will be no talks with the Maoists. Action against them will be intensified," Chief Secretary Sajal Chakraborty said at a press conference here yesterday.
Stating that the sacrifice of CRPF Assistant Commandant Hira Kumar Jha would not go waste, Chakraborty said that the security forces would fight the Maoists to finish the menace.
"He (Jha) has proved his ability as an officer, sacrificing his life fighting the enemies. The Maoist incidents will not be tolerated at any cost. We`ll not tolerate any political interference in the ongoing drive against them in Jharkhand," he said.
Committing to root out Maoism in the state, he held the Maoists responsible for the malnutrition of children and for the poor health of people in remote villages by obstructing execution of welfare schemes in rural areas.
Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said the drive against the Maoists would be stepped up.
"Police will fight till the menace is completely rooted out," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city