Pranab Mukherjee calls Mahto, seeks support
Ranchi: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee has sought support from Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister and AJSU party president Sudesh Mahto for his candidature, a senior party leader said on Thursday.
"Pranab Mukherjee yesterday called our president Sudesh Mahto over phone and sought support from the Ajsu party," party`s vice president Praveen Prabhakar said.
Though he did not disclose details of the conversation between the two leaders, Prabhakar said Ajsu favours a consensus candidate.
"Our party leader`s opinion is that there should be a consensus on candidate, and all parties should discuss over it," he said.
The Ajsu party, which has six MLAs in the 82-member Jharkhand assembly (including a nominated MLA), is a constituent in the BJP-led state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA