Pranab Mukherjee calls Mahto, seeks support
Ranchi: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee has sought support from Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister and AJSU party president Sudesh Mahto for his candidature, a senior party leader said on Thursday.
"Pranab Mukherjee yesterday called our president Sudesh Mahto over phone and sought support from the Ajsu party," party`s vice president Praveen Prabhakar said.
Though he did not disclose details of the conversation between the two leaders, Prabhakar said Ajsu favours a consensus candidate.
"Our party leader`s opinion is that there should be a consensus on candidate, and all parties should discuss over it," he said.
The Ajsu party, which has six MLAs in the 82-member Jharkhand assembly (including a nominated MLA), is a constituent in the BJP-led state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO