Pranab Mukherjee calls Mahto, seeks support
Ranchi: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee has sought support from Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister and AJSU party president Sudesh Mahto for his candidature, a senior party leader said on Thursday.
"Pranab Mukherjee yesterday called our president Sudesh Mahto over phone and sought support from the Ajsu party," party`s vice president Praveen Prabhakar said.
Though he did not disclose details of the conversation between the two leaders, Prabhakar said Ajsu favours a consensus candidate.
"Our party leader`s opinion is that there should be a consensus on candidate, and all parties should discuss over it," he said.
The Ajsu party, which has six MLAs in the 82-member Jharkhand assembly (including a nominated MLA), is a constituent in the BJP-led state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional