Pranab Mukherjee calls Mahto, seeks support
Ranchi: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee has sought support from Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister and AJSU party president Sudesh Mahto for his candidature, a senior party leader said on Thursday.
"Pranab Mukherjee yesterday called our president Sudesh Mahto over phone and sought support from the Ajsu party," party`s vice president Praveen Prabhakar said.
Though he did not disclose details of the conversation between the two leaders, Prabhakar said Ajsu favours a consensus candidate.
"Our party leader`s opinion is that there should be a consensus on candidate, and all parties should discuss over it," he said.
The Ajsu party, which has six MLAs in the 82-member Jharkhand assembly (including a nominated MLA), is a constituent in the BJP-led state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog