Pranab Mukherjee calls Mahto, seeks support
Ranchi: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee has sought support from Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister and AJSU party president Sudesh Mahto for his candidature, a senior party leader said on Thursday.
"Pranab Mukherjee yesterday called our president Sudesh Mahto over phone and sought support from the Ajsu party," party`s vice president Praveen Prabhakar said.
Though he did not disclose details of the conversation between the two leaders, Prabhakar said Ajsu favours a consensus candidate.
"Our party leader`s opinion is that there should be a consensus on candidate, and all parties should discuss over it," he said.
The Ajsu party, which has six MLAs in the 82-member Jharkhand assembly (including a nominated MLA), is a constituent in the BJP-led state government.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses