Primary school teacher beaten to death in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A primary school teacher was beaten to death by unidentified persons near Itihasa village in adjoining West Singhbhum district, police said today.
The victm, identified as Umesh Prasad, was returning home last evening on his bicycle when he was fatally attacked by miscreants with lathis, police said.
The body was recovered from a roadside between Bamanguttu and Bankitapi village, sources said adding that the cause behind the incident could not be ascertained as yet.
Police has recovered a lathi from near the body.
A hunt was on to nab the culprits, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam