Primary school teacher beaten to death in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A primary school teacher was beaten to death by unidentified persons near Itihasa village in adjoining West Singhbhum district, police said today.
The victm, identified as Umesh Prasad, was returning home last evening on his bicycle when he was fatally attacked by miscreants with lathis, police said.
The body was recovered from a roadside between Bamanguttu and Bankitapi village, sources said adding that the cause behind the incident could not be ascertained as yet.
Police has recovered a lathi from near the body.
A hunt was on to nab the culprits, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore