Probe into fake Facebook account of Jharkhand CM
Ranchi: Police have launched investigation into the opening of a fake Facebook account in the name of Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda.
"We will soon get a breakthrough into the offence," Ranchi Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said here today.
"When the police saw a Facebook account in Munda`s name, we enquired and found out that it was a fake one," he added.
On September 14, an FIR was filed with the Gonda police station in Ranchi against unknown persons and the Cyber wing was also investigating into the case.
The police found fake account in the popular social network, had over 400 friends spread across a cross section of people including journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon