Probe into fake Facebook account of Jharkhand CM
Ranchi: Police have launched investigation into the opening of a fake Facebook account in the name of Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda.
"We will soon get a breakthrough into the offence," Ranchi Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said here today.
"When the police saw a Facebook account in Munda`s name, we enquired and found out that it was a fake one," he added.
On September 14, an FIR was filed with the Gonda police station in Ranchi against unknown persons and the Cyber wing was also investigating into the case.
The police found fake account in the popular social network, had over 400 friends spread across a cross section of people including journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state