Rapist sentenced to death in Bokaro
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A man was on Friday handed capital punishment by a court for the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl in 2011.
District and session judge Gautam Kumar Choudhary pronounced the death sentence after holding Rajo Singh guilty under Sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (concealing evidences) of IPC.
While the convict has been awarded 10 years rigorous imprisonment and Rs 5,000 fine under Section 376 of IPC, the capital punishment under Section 302 and seven years imprisonment and Rs 3,000 under Section 201.
The convict will have to serve additional three months imprisonment in case he fails to pay the fine. All the sentences will run concurrently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'