Rapist sentenced to death in Bokaro
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A man was on Friday handed capital punishment by a court for the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl in 2011.
District and session judge Gautam Kumar Choudhary pronounced the death sentence after holding Rajo Singh guilty under Sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (concealing evidences) of IPC.
While the convict has been awarded 10 years rigorous imprisonment and Rs 5,000 fine under Section 376 of IPC, the capital punishment under Section 302 and seven years imprisonment and Rs 3,000 under Section 201.
The convict will have to serve additional three months imprisonment in case he fails to pay the fine. All the sentences will run concurrently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars