Rapist sentenced to death in Bokaro
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A man was on Friday handed capital punishment by a court for the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl in 2011.
District and session judge Gautam Kumar Choudhary pronounced the death sentence after holding Rajo Singh guilty under Sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (concealing evidences) of IPC.
While the convict has been awarded 10 years rigorous imprisonment and Rs 5,000 fine under Section 376 of IPC, the capital punishment under Section 302 and seven years imprisonment and Rs 3,000 under Section 201.
The convict will have to serve additional three months imprisonment in case he fails to pay the fine. All the sentences will run concurrently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued