Rapist sentenced to death in Bokaro
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A man was on Friday handed capital punishment by a court for the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl in 2011.
District and session judge Gautam Kumar Choudhary pronounced the death sentence after holding Rajo Singh guilty under Sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (concealing evidences) of IPC.
While the convict has been awarded 10 years rigorous imprisonment and Rs 5,000 fine under Section 376 of IPC, the capital punishment under Section 302 and seven years imprisonment and Rs 3,000 under Section 201.
The convict will have to serve additional three months imprisonment in case he fails to pay the fine. All the sentences will run concurrently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!