Rapist sentenced to death in Bokaro
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A man was on Friday handed capital punishment by a court for the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl in 2011.
District and session judge Gautam Kumar Choudhary pronounced the death sentence after holding Rajo Singh guilty under Sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 201 (concealing evidences) of IPC.
While the convict has been awarded 10 years rigorous imprisonment and Rs 5,000 fine under Section 376 of IPC, the capital punishment under Section 302 and seven years imprisonment and Rs 3,000 under Section 201.
The convict will have to serve additional three months imprisonment in case he fails to pay the fine. All the sentences will run concurrently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB