Respond to allegation by Anshuman: Digvijay to BJP
Guna: Congress General Secretary,
Digvijay Singh on Sunday said that the BJP should respond to the
allegations levelled by NRI businessman Anshuman Mishra, who
was denied Rajya Sabha nomination from Jharkhand.
"The statements of Mishra have exposed the BJP. In the
2G case, Mishra had introduced Shahid Balwa (Swan Telecom) to
the senior BJP leader Dr Murli Manohar Joshi. He (Joshi)
should have revealed this earlier," Singh told reporters here.
He also sought to know from the saffron party that if
Mishra was a good person at one time, then how come they were
labeling him as a wrong choice now.
The Congress leader also questioned the relations
between BJP President Nitin Gadkari and Ajay Sancheti, owner
of a big construction company, and demanded that the CBI
should probe financial status of those who have purchased flat
in Mumbai`s Adarsh Housing Society.
To a question on clemency for Balwant Singh Rajoana in
Beant Singh killing case, he said that he was in favour of
He alleged that Madhya Pradesh government was deeply
involved in corruption and crores of rupees were recovered
during raids conducted on peons to IAS officials.
"What will happen if raids are carried out against
ministers is anybody`s guess," he observed.
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary