SC issues notice to ED on Madhu Koda`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday sought the Enforcement Directorate`s reply to the bail plea of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, lodged in a Jharkhand jail since November 2009 for his alleged role in a money laundering case.
A bench headed by Justice H L Dattu issued notice to the ED and asked it to file its response on plea by Koda, who approached the apex court after his bail plea was rejected by the Jharkhand High Court.
Koda is lodged at Birsa Munda Central Jail where he has been confined since November 2009 for his alleged role in several corruption and other cases.
Koda had got bail in two earlier cases -- one relating to the violation of Model Code of Conduct during election and another related to disproportionate assets filed by the CBI.
On September 25, charges had been framed by a Jharkhand court under Section 4 of the Prevention and Money Laundering Act, 2002 pertaining to laundering of a total sum of Rs 3,549.72 crore.
Koda has been accused by the ED of making illegal investments worth Rs 1,340 crore out of the total amount.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly