Security beefed up in Maoists affected districts of Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security has been beefed up in Maoist-affected districts of Jharkhand as the CPI (Maoist’s) "martyrdom week" began Saturday.
Every year, the Maoists under the banner of the People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army observe the week from December 2 to 8, but this time they are observing it this week to coincide with ideologue Koteswar Rao alias Kishanji?s first death anniversary today, police sources said.
Security forces have been asked to man railway tracks, mobile towers, government structures and other important places in Maoist-affected districts as the red rebels are known to strike these areas during their "anti-people" agitations, a senior police officer said here.
On November 19, the Centre had asked all Maoist-affected states, including Jharkhand, to step up anti-Maoist operations as the Maoists were planning to intensify their offensive during the week to observe the first death anniversary of Kishenji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday