Security beefed up in Maoists affected districts of Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security has been beefed up in Maoist-affected districts of Jharkhand as the CPI (Maoist’s) "martyrdom week" began Saturday.
Every year, the Maoists under the banner of the People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army observe the week from December 2 to 8, but this time they are observing it this week to coincide with ideologue Koteswar Rao alias Kishanji?s first death anniversary today, police sources said.
Security forces have been asked to man railway tracks, mobile towers, government structures and other important places in Maoist-affected districts as the red rebels are known to strike these areas during their "anti-people" agitations, a senior police officer said here.
On November 19, the Centre had asked all Maoist-affected states, including Jharkhand, to step up anti-Maoist operations as the Maoists were planning to intensify their offensive during the week to observe the first death anniversary of Kishenji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one
- Share-transfer dispute: Delhi HC asks Spicejet, Kalanithi Maran to set up arbitral tribunal
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more