Security beefed up in Maoists affected districts of Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security has been beefed up in Maoist-affected districts of Jharkhand as the CPI (Maoist’s) "martyrdom week" began Saturday.
Every year, the Maoists under the banner of the People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army observe the week from December 2 to 8, but this time they are observing it this week to coincide with ideologue Koteswar Rao alias Kishanji?s first death anniversary today, police sources said.
Security forces have been asked to man railway tracks, mobile towers, government structures and other important places in Maoist-affected districts as the red rebels are known to strike these areas during their "anti-people" agitations, a senior police officer said here.
On November 19, the Centre had asked all Maoist-affected states, including Jharkhand, to step up anti-Maoist operations as the Maoists were planning to intensify their offensive during the week to observe the first death anniversary of Kishenji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof