SI arrested for involvement in businessman`s son abduction in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A Sub-Inspector of Golmuri police station here Nagmani Singh was arrested here by a CID team of Patna in connection with the abduction of a Gujarat-based businessman`s son Sohail Hingora from Daman in October last, a police officer said on Monday.
A three-member CID team of Patna arrived here yesterday and arrested Sub-Inspector Nagmani Singh in connection with the case, Sergeant Major of Golmuri police line Rajeev Kumar said.
The CID team has taken Singh to Patna for interrogation, Kumar said.
Singh was arrested for his alleged involvement in the kidnapping of Sohail from Daman in October last.
Sohail, who was the son of Surat-based Textile businessman Hanif Hingora, was released later by his abductor on payment of ransom in crores.
Sohail was allegedly kidnapped by an inter-state gang of criminals in October last from Daman and kept hostage in Bihar from October 31 till his father had paid a ransom in Patna to free his son, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!