SI arrested for involvement in businessman`s son abduction in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A Sub-Inspector of Golmuri police station here Nagmani Singh was arrested here by a CID team of Patna in connection with the abduction of a Gujarat-based businessman`s son Sohail Hingora from Daman in October last, a police officer said on Monday.
A three-member CID team of Patna arrived here yesterday and arrested Sub-Inspector Nagmani Singh in connection with the case, Sergeant Major of Golmuri police line Rajeev Kumar said.
The CID team has taken Singh to Patna for interrogation, Kumar said.
Singh was arrested for his alleged involvement in the kidnapping of Sohail from Daman in October last.
Sohail, who was the son of Surat-based Textile businessman Hanif Hingora, was released later by his abductor on payment of ransom in crores.
Sohail was allegedly kidnapped by an inter-state gang of criminals in October last from Daman and kept hostage in Bihar from October 31 till his father had paid a ransom in Patna to free his son, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30