Soren`s family members take oath
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu
Soren`s son Hemant and daughter-in-law Sita today took oath as
members of the state assembly.
Hemant, Soren`s second son, had won from Dumka seat
defeating former deputy chief Minister Stephen Marandi while
Sita, widow of eldest son Durga, had trounced BJP`s Manoj
Kumar Singh from Jama seat.
Both of them are first timers in the assembly.
Soren, who heads a five-party coalition and is a Lok
Sabha member, has to win a seat to enter the House within six
months of taking over the reins of the state.
JD(U)`s Krishna Gopal Patar, who had defeated Soren in a
by-poll last January forcing the veteran to resign from the
chief ministership, also took oath during the day.
Interestingly, JD(U) is part of the NDA which is
supporting Soren this time.
Former ministers Harinarayan Rai (Ind) and Anosh Ekka
(Jharkhand Party), now in judicial custody in a
disproportionate assets case, are yet to take oath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard