Soren`s family members take oath
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu
Soren`s son Hemant and daughter-in-law Sita today took oath as
members of the state assembly.
Hemant, Soren`s second son, had won from Dumka seat
defeating former deputy chief Minister Stephen Marandi while
Sita, widow of eldest son Durga, had trounced BJP`s Manoj
Kumar Singh from Jama seat.
Both of them are first timers in the assembly.
Soren, who heads a five-party coalition and is a Lok
Sabha member, has to win a seat to enter the House within six
months of taking over the reins of the state.
JD(U)`s Krishna Gopal Patar, who had defeated Soren in a
by-poll last January forcing the veteran to resign from the
chief ministership, also took oath during the day.
Interestingly, JD(U) is part of the NDA which is
supporting Soren this time.
Former ministers Harinarayan Rai (Ind) and Anosh Ekka
(Jharkhand Party), now in judicial custody in a
disproportionate assets case, are yet to take oath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA