Soren`s family members take oath
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu
Soren`s son Hemant and daughter-in-law Sita today took oath as
members of the state assembly.
Hemant, Soren`s second son, had won from Dumka seat
defeating former deputy chief Minister Stephen Marandi while
Sita, widow of eldest son Durga, had trounced BJP`s Manoj
Kumar Singh from Jama seat.
Both of them are first timers in the assembly.
Soren, who heads a five-party coalition and is a Lok
Sabha member, has to win a seat to enter the House within six
months of taking over the reins of the state.
JD(U)`s Krishna Gopal Patar, who had defeated Soren in a
by-poll last January forcing the veteran to resign from the
chief ministership, also took oath during the day.
Interestingly, JD(U) is part of the NDA which is
supporting Soren this time.
Former ministers Harinarayan Rai (Ind) and Anosh Ekka
(Jharkhand Party), now in judicial custody in a
disproportionate assets case, are yet to take oath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic