Soren`s family members take oath
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu
Soren`s son Hemant and daughter-in-law Sita today took oath as
members of the state assembly.
Hemant, Soren`s second son, had won from Dumka seat
defeating former deputy chief Minister Stephen Marandi while
Sita, widow of eldest son Durga, had trounced BJP`s Manoj
Kumar Singh from Jama seat.
Both of them are first timers in the assembly.
Soren, who heads a five-party coalition and is a Lok
Sabha member, has to win a seat to enter the House within six
months of taking over the reins of the state.
JD(U)`s Krishna Gopal Patar, who had defeated Soren in a
by-poll last January forcing the veteran to resign from the
chief ministership, also took oath during the day.
Interestingly, JD(U) is part of the NDA which is
supporting Soren this time.
Former ministers Harinarayan Rai (Ind) and Anosh Ekka
(Jharkhand Party), now in judicial custody in a
disproportionate assets case, are yet to take oath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das