Speed up internet connectivity before Akash releases: Pallam
Ranchi: Union HRD Minister M M Pallam Raju on Saturday asked educational institutions in Jharkhand to work on high speed internet connectivity against the backdrop of distribution of Akash tablets across the country.
Emphasising on content creation and high speed internet connectivity, he said Ranchi University is a part of the pursuit to make students an asset for the country.
He asked the education department in the state to work with its counterpart at the Centre to make Akash tablets available for eligible students in Jharkhand.
His suggestion came during the course of his speech at the 27th Annual Convocation of Ranchi University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa