Student beaten up for molesting girl
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A class ten student was on Friday sent to jail after he was beaten up and tonsured by a mob allegedly for molesting his junior at Chaipur in Palamu district.
The 18-year-old boy frequently indulged in eve-teasing and molesting a class nine girl student of Harina High School, the police said.
While returning home from the school last evening, the girl protested when the boy made a similar move and started beating him with her sandal.
Passers-by, who assembled on the spot, joined the girl and started beating the boy.
Later, a panchayat chaired by the a Mukhia (Chief) Prabha Devi was convened to punish the culprit, sources said.
The villagers tonsured the boy before he was handed over to the police.
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl`s statement and the boy was forwarded to jail today, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17