Student beaten up for molesting girl
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A class ten student was on Friday sent to jail after he was beaten up and tonsured by a mob allegedly for molesting his junior at Chaipur in Palamu district.
The 18-year-old boy frequently indulged in eve-teasing and molesting a class nine girl student of Harina High School, the police said.
While returning home from the school last evening, the girl protested when the boy made a similar move and started beating him with her sandal.
Passers-by, who assembled on the spot, joined the girl and started beating the boy.
Later, a panchayat chaired by the a Mukhia (Chief) Prabha Devi was convened to punish the culprit, sources said.
The villagers tonsured the boy before he was handed over to the police.
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl`s statement and the boy was forwarded to jail today, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement