Student beaten up for molesting girl
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A class ten student was on Friday sent to jail after he was beaten up and tonsured by a mob allegedly for molesting his junior at Chaipur in Palamu district.
The 18-year-old boy frequently indulged in eve-teasing and molesting a class nine girl student of Harina High School, the police said.
While returning home from the school last evening, the girl protested when the boy made a similar move and started beating him with her sandal.
Passers-by, who assembled on the spot, joined the girl and started beating the boy.
Later, a panchayat chaired by the a Mukhia (Chief) Prabha Devi was convened to punish the culprit, sources said.
The villagers tonsured the boy before he was handed over to the police.
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl`s statement and the boy was forwarded to jail today, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends