Student beaten up for molesting girl
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A class ten student was on Friday sent to jail after he was beaten up and tonsured by a mob allegedly for molesting his junior at Chaipur in Palamu district.
The 18-year-old boy frequently indulged in eve-teasing and molesting a class nine girl student of Harina High School, the police said.
While returning home from the school last evening, the girl protested when the boy made a similar move and started beating him with her sandal.
Passers-by, who assembled on the spot, joined the girl and started beating the boy.
Later, a panchayat chaired by the a Mukhia (Chief) Prabha Devi was convened to punish the culprit, sources said.
The villagers tonsured the boy before he was handed over to the police.
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl`s statement and the boy was forwarded to jail today, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- US military restricts troops after murder in Okinawa