Temporary Maoist camp demolished in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Security personnel demolished a temporary camp and recovered a power clamour bomb during an operation launched in the naxal-affected Sarada forest area of West Singhbhum district, police said on Tuesday.
The explosive weighing 40 kgs was planted by the Maoists on the approach road to target the security personnel, who entered the area from the opposite direction and detected it during the long-range patrolling in the Maoists influenced area between Jeraikela-Tiriposi on Monday, said Surendra Kumar Jha, Sub-divisional Police Officer of Chakradharpur.
He said a temporary camp established by the Maoists have been destroyed while the explosive was defused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'