Temporary Maoist camp demolished in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Security personnel demolished a temporary camp and recovered a power clamour bomb during an operation launched in the naxal-affected Sarada forest area of West Singhbhum district, police said on Tuesday.
The explosive weighing 40 kgs was planted by the Maoists on the approach road to target the security personnel, who entered the area from the opposite direction and detected it during the long-range patrolling in the Maoists influenced area between Jeraikela-Tiriposi on Monday, said Surendra Kumar Jha, Sub-divisional Police Officer of Chakradharpur.
He said a temporary camp established by the Maoists have been destroyed while the explosive was defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam