Temporary Maoist camp demolished in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Security personnel demolished a temporary camp and recovered a power clamour bomb during an operation launched in the naxal-affected Sarada forest area of West Singhbhum district, police said on Tuesday.
The explosive weighing 40 kgs was planted by the Maoists on the approach road to target the security personnel, who entered the area from the opposite direction and detected it during the long-range patrolling in the Maoists influenced area between Jeraikela-Tiriposi on Monday, said Surendra Kumar Jha, Sub-divisional Police Officer of Chakradharpur.
He said a temporary camp established by the Maoists have been destroyed while the explosive was defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users