Three Maoist camps destroyed in Latehar
Ranchi: Three camps of the CPI (Maoist)
were on Monday destroyed by the security forces and some of the
rebels were shot at during a gun battle at three places in
"The security forces destroyed three camps of the
Maoists, and an unspecified number of materials were seized
from there," Inspector General of Police (Operation), RK
Malik, said to a news agency after returning from the spot.
The encounters took place at three places in Sarju
area of Latehar.
The security forces comprising the CRPF and the
district police saw blood stains at some spots, pointing
towards some Maoists getting injured in gun shots, he added
adding the ultras fled after about three hours of encounter.
There was no damage on the side of security forces,
The police have recently chalked out strategies to
step up operations against the left-wing guerrillas in Chatra,
Giridih, Latehar and Palamau districts, according to police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof