Three Maoist camps destroyed in Latehar
Ranchi: Three camps of the CPI (Maoist)
were on Monday destroyed by the security forces and some of the
rebels were shot at during a gun battle at three places in
"The security forces destroyed three camps of the
Maoists, and an unspecified number of materials were seized
from there," Inspector General of Police (Operation), RK
Malik, said to a news agency after returning from the spot.
The encounters took place at three places in Sarju
area of Latehar.
The security forces comprising the CRPF and the
district police saw blood stains at some spots, pointing
towards some Maoists getting injured in gun shots, he added
adding the ultras fled after about three hours of encounter.
There was no damage on the side of security forces,
The police have recently chalked out strategies to
step up operations against the left-wing guerrillas in Chatra,
Giridih, Latehar and Palamau districts, according to police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31