Turncoats rushing to BJP, alleges Congress
Ranchi: Congress on Sunday alleged that BJP was "welcoming turncoats" in its party whose "only purpose" was to get tickets for the upcoming Assembly elections in Jharkhand.
"The BJP is taking leaders who have changed parties several times in the past too. And these leaders have changed just to get tickets," JPCC General Secretary Alok Dubey alleged.
He cited examples as to how Simon Marandi, Radhakrishna Kishore and Ajay Nath Shah Deo, who now joined the BJP, had been in Congress before quitting and joining JMM, JDU and JVM respectively earlier.
"The people want development. Though the BJP had led Jharkhand for the maximum period it failed to formulate a single policy that could have benefited the people," Dubey said, reacting to several leaders making a beeline to the BJP ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls.
The BJP had in a press release said the party was recruiting leaders without any commitment or promise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'