Turncoats rushing to BJP, alleges Congress
Ranchi: Congress on Sunday alleged that BJP was "welcoming turncoats" in its party whose "only purpose" was to get tickets for the upcoming Assembly elections in Jharkhand.
"The BJP is taking leaders who have changed parties several times in the past too. And these leaders have changed just to get tickets," JPCC General Secretary Alok Dubey alleged.
He cited examples as to how Simon Marandi, Radhakrishna Kishore and Ajay Nath Shah Deo, who now joined the BJP, had been in Congress before quitting and joining JMM, JDU and JVM respectively earlier.
"The people want development. Though the BJP had led Jharkhand for the maximum period it failed to formulate a single policy that could have benefited the people," Dubey said, reacting to several leaders making a beeline to the BJP ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls.
The BJP had in a press release said the party was recruiting leaders without any commitment or promise.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India