Two ex-bureaucrats appointed advisors to Jharkhand Guv
New Delhi: The central government Wednesday appointed two former bureaucrats as advisors to Jharkhand Governor MOH. Farook.
The two new advisors are Wilfred Lakara, 1973-batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Chhattisgarh cadre, and Rajiv Ranjan Prasad, a 1970-batch Indian Police Service officer of Bihar cadre, said the union home ministry in an official statement.
Lakara served both the Jharkhand government as well the central government in various capacities, said the home ministry statement. He was the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation Managing Director in 2007.
Later, he served as secretary to the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes. He also served as advisor in Jharkhand during the earlier President’s rule imposed Jan 19, 2009.
Prasad is a sitting member of the Jharkhand Security Commission, constituted to oversee senior level appointments in the state`s police department. He retired as Director General of Jharkhand Police in May 2007. He was on Central deputation to the Intelligence Bureau between 1988-94.
Jharkhand was placed under President`s rule June 1, two days after Shibu Soren stepped down as chief minister and none of the three major political parties in the state showed willingness to form an alternative government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof