Two ex-bureaucrats appointed advisors to Jharkhand Guv
New Delhi: The central government Wednesday appointed two former bureaucrats as advisors to Jharkhand Governor MOH. Farook.
The two new advisors are Wilfred Lakara, 1973-batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Chhattisgarh cadre, and Rajiv Ranjan Prasad, a 1970-batch Indian Police Service officer of Bihar cadre, said the union home ministry in an official statement.
Lakara served both the Jharkhand government as well the central government in various capacities, said the home ministry statement. He was the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation Managing Director in 2007.
Later, he served as secretary to the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes. He also served as advisor in Jharkhand during the earlier President’s rule imposed Jan 19, 2009.
Prasad is a sitting member of the Jharkhand Security Commission, constituted to oversee senior level appointments in the state`s police department. He retired as Director General of Jharkhand Police in May 2007. He was on Central deputation to the Intelligence Bureau between 1988-94.
Jharkhand was placed under President`s rule June 1, two days after Shibu Soren stepped down as chief minister and none of the three major political parties in the state showed willingness to form an alternative government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared