Two Maoists convicted in 2004 Baliba massacre
Ranchi: A special court on Tuesday found two Maoists guilty of killing 29 police personnel at Baliba in the West Singhbhum district, nine years ago.
Convicting William Marandi and Shahdeo Mahato, the special court of SH Kazmi fixed March 14 to pronounce the quantum of sentence.
They were booked under the Prevention Of Terrorism Act (POTA).
The incident, which happened at Baliba under the jurisdiction of Gua police station on April 7, 2004, was the first major Maoist strike after Jharkhand bifurcated from Bihar on November 15, 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1