Two vacant schools blown up by Maoists; 3 landmines recovered
Latehar/Gumla: Maoists blew up two vacant
schools while security forces saved a third when they
recovered two powerful landmines hidden in its premises,
police said here on Tuesday.
Separate groups of Maoists last night went to a middle
school at Newari village and a primary school at Bhargaon
village and packed explosives there before triggering the
blasts, they said.
There were, however, no reports of any casualty in the
A patrolling squad, meanwhile, recovered two landmines
weighing 25 kg each hidden at a place in Meral Middle school
in Latehar district.
Police said the explosives were meant to blow up
this school too.
In Gumla, security forces found a 15 kg landmine
planted on the Kurumgarh-Bamda road under Chainpur police
station, police said.
While Gumla goes for polling in the fourth phase on
December 12, Latehar is going for polls in the fifth and final
phase of polling scheduled on December 18.
Maoists have a track record of blowing up schools to
prevent security personnel from taking shelter during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015