`Weak govts allowed terrorists to set up base in Jharkhand`
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Tuesday said terror outfits were able to set up bases in the state as governments since 2003 were weak.
Terrorist outfits, Naxalites and criminals activities were in spurt in Jharkhand because the governments were weak since 2003, Marandi, the state`s first chief minister and president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM), said.
Marandi was at the helm in the state from late 2000 to early 2003 when BJP led NDA government was in power.
Marandi said this in reply to reporters` questions on the Ranchi links found with the Patna serial blasts in and around the rally of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
The JVM chief was here to take part in the premier show of Santhali documentary "Miracle of Loguburu".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional