`Weak govts allowed terrorists to set up base in Jharkhand`
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Tuesday said terror outfits were able to set up bases in the state as governments since 2003 were weak.
Terrorist outfits, Naxalites and criminals activities were in spurt in Jharkhand because the governments were weak since 2003, Marandi, the state`s first chief minister and president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM), said.
Marandi was at the helm in the state from late 2000 to early 2003 when BJP led NDA government was in power.
Marandi said this in reply to reporters` questions on the Ranchi links found with the Patna serial blasts in and around the rally of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
The JVM chief was here to take part in the premier show of Santhali documentary "Miracle of Loguburu".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back