`Weak govts allowed terrorists to set up base in Jharkhand`
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Tuesday said terror outfits were able to set up bases in the state as governments since 2003 were weak.
Terrorist outfits, Naxalites and criminals activities were in spurt in Jharkhand because the governments were weak since 2003, Marandi, the state`s first chief minister and president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM), said.
Marandi was at the helm in the state from late 2000 to early 2003 when BJP led NDA government was in power.
Marandi said this in reply to reporters` questions on the Ranchi links found with the Patna serial blasts in and around the rally of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
The JVM chief was here to take part in the premier show of Santhali documentary "Miracle of Loguburu".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi