AOL gets extortion call, threat of defamation
Bangalore: The Art of Living, a socio-cultural and religious body on Bangalore`s outskirts, is getting extortion calls to pay up Rs.42 crore or face defamation, a spokesman said Tuesday.
`We have received extortion calls demanding Rs.42 crore, failing which they have threatened to malign and defame our organisation,` Air of Living spokesman Girish Govind told IANS.
The organisation is located on Kanakapura Road, about 20 km from here. It was founded by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar two decades ago and is engaged in stress-management and social-religious services. It was afraid that he was fired at his ashram last month but was later known that the shot was not aimed at him.
`We have filed a complaint with the police in Ramanagara district against the unknown callers who have been making the threat calls in Kannada and English,` Govind said.
Art of Living has informed Karnataka Director General of Police Ajai Kumar Singh about the extortion calls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed