Bail plea of Pascal Mazurier adjourned to Sept 21
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to September 21 hearing of the bail petition of French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested on charges of raping his three-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das adjourned further hearing to that date after police submitted the chargesheet to the court.
Pascal Mazurier, Consular Attach to Consulate General of France here had moved the High Court on August 7, seeking bail.
In his petition, he had pointed out that as per the report of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (Bangalore) test, his DNA profile did not match with that of the child.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected his bail plea observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
Pascal was arrested on June 19 for allegedly raping his daughter, based on a complaint filed by his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information