Bail plea of Pascal Mazurier adjourned to Sept 21
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to September 21 hearing of the bail petition of French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested on charges of raping his three-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das adjourned further hearing to that date after police submitted the chargesheet to the court.
Pascal Mazurier, Consular Attach to Consulate General of France here had moved the High Court on August 7, seeking bail.
In his petition, he had pointed out that as per the report of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (Bangalore) test, his DNA profile did not match with that of the child.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected his bail plea observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
Pascal was arrested on June 19 for allegedly raping his daughter, based on a complaint filed by his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand