Bail plea of Pascal Mazurier adjourned to Sept 21
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to September 21 hearing of the bail petition of French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested on charges of raping his three-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das adjourned further hearing to that date after police submitted the chargesheet to the court.
Pascal Mazurier, Consular Attach to Consulate General of France here had moved the High Court on August 7, seeking bail.
In his petition, he had pointed out that as per the report of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (Bangalore) test, his DNA profile did not match with that of the child.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected his bail plea observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
Pascal was arrested on June 19 for allegedly raping his daughter, based on a complaint filed by his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf