Bangalore blast probe: NIA visits Darbhanga, Samastipur; hunt for suspect on
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore/Patna: Amidst massive manhunt for the Bangalore blast accused, the National Investigating Agency (NIA) on Sunday conducted raids in Bihar`s Darbhanga and Samastipur districts in search of clues and a suspected IM operative Tahseen Akhtar.
"Tahseen Akhtar`s arrest can give vital clues on the Hyderabad, Bangalore blast cases," NIA sources suggested.
Earlier, police had said that they had obtained `some leads` in the bomb blast case which occurred near the Karnataka BJP office in Bangalore on April 17, which had left 16 persons injured.
"We have some leads but we cannot share them with you now, it will be done at an appropriate time", City Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar had said.
The NIA on Friday questioned eight suspects in connection with the Wednesday`s attack after CCTV footage showed two men parking the bike outside the BJP office.
Though the national and state security experts have been interrogating several people in the city and the neighbouring states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, police declined to share details as investigation was in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley