Bangalore police nab one more terror suspect
Bangalore: One more person with alleged links to banned terror outfits Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and HuJI has been nabbed taking the total number of such suspects arrested since August to 15, a top police official said.
Syed Thanjim (23), arrested by the City Crime Branch team on November 4, was a close associate of Shoaib Ahmad Mirza alias Chotu who was arrested in August, City Police Commissioner Jyothiprakash Mirji told reporters here on Tuesday.
"Syed was working on the instructions of Shoaib. After the arrest of Shoaib in August, Syed was absconding," he said.
Syed was produced before a local court and remanded to police custody till November 19, Mirji said.
Of the 14 other terror suspects, 13 are in judicial custody here while one was taken to Maharashtra by the Anti-Terrorist Squad.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and September 3 by police, who claim to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons in Karnataka.
A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt