Battered girl`s battle for life ends in Hubli
Hubli: Four-year old Rameshwari, who was battling for life for the past one-and-half months with burns and multiple fractures inflicted on her by her own father, has died at a hospital here.
The girl, who had suffered extensive burns from cigarette butt inflicted by her father Ramesh, who had a dislike for girl children, breathed her last at 9 pm yesterday after her condition deteriorated, hospital sources said.
Rameshwari, who hail from Muguda village in Dharwad taluk, was admitted to Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) on December 27 and had been under treatment since then.
Ramesh has since been arrested and is currently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf