Battered girl`s battle for life ends in Hubli
Hubli: Four-year old Rameshwari, who was battling for life for the past one-and-half months with burns and multiple fractures inflicted on her by her own father, has died at a hospital here.
The girl, who had suffered extensive burns from cigarette butt inflicted by her father Ramesh, who had a dislike for girl children, breathed her last at 9 pm yesterday after her condition deteriorated, hospital sources said.
Rameshwari, who hail from Muguda village in Dharwad taluk, was admitted to Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) on December 27 and had been under treatment since then.
Ramesh has since been arrested and is currently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah