Battered girl`s battle for life ends in Hubli
Hubli: Four-year old Rameshwari, who was battling for life for the past one-and-half months with burns and multiple fractures inflicted on her by her own father, has died at a hospital here.
The girl, who had suffered extensive burns from cigarette butt inflicted by her father Ramesh, who had a dislike for girl children, breathed her last at 9 pm yesterday after her condition deteriorated, hospital sources said.
Rameshwari, who hail from Muguda village in Dharwad taluk, was admitted to Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) on December 27 and had been under treatment since then.
Ramesh has since been arrested and is currently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor