Battered girl`s battle for life ends in Hubli
Hubli: Four-year old Rameshwari, who was battling for life for the past one-and-half months with burns and multiple fractures inflicted on her by her own father, has died at a hospital here.
The girl, who had suffered extensive burns from cigarette butt inflicted by her father Ramesh, who had a dislike for girl children, breathed her last at 9 pm yesterday after her condition deteriorated, hospital sources said.
Rameshwari, who hail from Muguda village in Dharwad taluk, was admitted to Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) on December 27 and had been under treatment since then.
Ramesh has since been arrested and is currently under judicial custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India