Bedlam in assembly blot on Karnataka: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Friday expressed "distress" at the unruly behaviour of legislators in the Karnataka assembly during the first trust vote Monday, saying it was "a blot on the fair name of Karnataka".
"It`s a blot on the fair name of Karnataka - the way the session was conducted with all kinds of people getting inside the state assembly," Krishna, also a former chief minister of Karnataka, told reporters here.
"The Speaker (KG Bopaiah) should have maintained decorum in the assembly," he said.
"Karnataka is the new face of India. Bangalore has become the focal point. They (the world) look at India through Bangalore," said Krishna, adding that bedlam in the state assembly Monday affected India`s global image.
Krishna, however, tactfully declined to comment on Governor H.L. Bhardwaj or Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa.
The chief minister had won the first confidence motion Monday by voice vote amid chaotic scenes and confusion. But the second trust vote was conducted in an orderly manner Thursday and he won it by a narrow margin.
The first Bharatiya Janata Party government in the southern state has been in the throes of a crisis since 11 BJP and five Independent legislators rebelled against Yeddyurappa`s leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional