Bedlam in assembly blot on Karnataka: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Friday expressed "distress" at the unruly behaviour of legislators in the Karnataka assembly during the first trust vote Monday, saying it was "a blot on the fair name of Karnataka".
"It`s a blot on the fair name of Karnataka - the way the session was conducted with all kinds of people getting inside the state assembly," Krishna, also a former chief minister of Karnataka, told reporters here.
"The Speaker (KG Bopaiah) should have maintained decorum in the assembly," he said.
"Karnataka is the new face of India. Bangalore has become the focal point. They (the world) look at India through Bangalore," said Krishna, adding that bedlam in the state assembly Monday affected India`s global image.
Krishna, however, tactfully declined to comment on Governor H.L. Bhardwaj or Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa.
The chief minister had won the first confidence motion Monday by voice vote amid chaotic scenes and confusion. But the second trust vote was conducted in an orderly manner Thursday and he won it by a narrow margin.
The first Bharatiya Janata Party government in the southern state has been in the throes of a crisis since 11 BJP and five Independent legislators rebelled against Yeddyurappa`s leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH