Bhardwaj acting like "old courtier" of Congress: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday described as "unwarranted and unsolicited" the Centre`s advisory to Karnataka government based on Governor HR Bhardwaj`s report, maintaining such advise should instead be sent to him to for acting like an "old courtier" of Congress.
"The Home Ministry has issued an unwarranted advisory
to Karnataka government. It is evident that there is a
politically-inspired and unconstitutional collusion between
the Governor, Congress and the UPA government to de-stabilize
the popularly and democratically-elected government," BJP
spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He alleged Congress-led UPA government has been using
the Governor as its "points-man" for destabilizing the B
S Yeddyurappa government.
"The Governor is an old courtier of the Congress darbar
(court). He has lowered the prestige of the Governor`s
office.... BJP feels that if at all any advisory is required
to be sent from the Centre, it needs to be sent to the
Governor to chasten him and to make him mend his conduct,"
The party is miffed that Bhardwaj sent a report to the
Centre recommending President`s Rule soon after the Supreme
Court had quashed the state Assembly Speaker`s decision
disqualifying 11 BJP MLAs. The ruling party wanted a floor
test to check majority on the floor of the Assembly.
BJP alleged Bhardwaj has converted the Raj Bhawan into a
"hot-bed of political conspiracies".
"Instead of censuring his conduct and removing him, the
Centre has chosen to send an absolutely unwarranted and
unsolicited advisory to the state government. The so-called
advisory constitutes an affront to the federal structure of
our Constitution and is aimed at undermining the authority and
functioning of the state government," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore