Bhardwaj acting like "old courtier" of Congress: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday described as "unwarranted and unsolicited" the Centre`s advisory to Karnataka government based on Governor HR Bhardwaj`s report, maintaining such advise should instead be sent to him to for acting like an "old courtier" of Congress.
"The Home Ministry has issued an unwarranted advisory
to Karnataka government. It is evident that there is a
politically-inspired and unconstitutional collusion between
the Governor, Congress and the UPA government to de-stabilize
the popularly and democratically-elected government," BJP
spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He alleged Congress-led UPA government has been using
the Governor as its "points-man" for destabilizing the B
S Yeddyurappa government.
"The Governor is an old courtier of the Congress darbar
(court). He has lowered the prestige of the Governor`s
office.... BJP feels that if at all any advisory is required
to be sent from the Centre, it needs to be sent to the
Governor to chasten him and to make him mend his conduct,"
The party is miffed that Bhardwaj sent a report to the
Centre recommending President`s Rule soon after the Supreme
Court had quashed the state Assembly Speaker`s decision
disqualifying 11 BJP MLAs. The ruling party wanted a floor
test to check majority on the floor of the Assembly.
BJP alleged Bhardwaj has converted the Raj Bhawan into a
"hot-bed of political conspiracies".
"Instead of censuring his conduct and removing him, the
Centre has chosen to send an absolutely unwarranted and
unsolicited advisory to the state government. The so-called
advisory constitutes an affront to the federal structure of
our Constitution and is aimed at undermining the authority and
functioning of the state government," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees