Bhardwaj acting like "old courtier" of Congress: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday described as "unwarranted and unsolicited" the Centre`s advisory to Karnataka government based on Governor HR Bhardwaj`s report, maintaining such advise should instead be sent to him to for acting like an "old courtier" of Congress.
"The Home Ministry has issued an unwarranted advisory
to Karnataka government. It is evident that there is a
politically-inspired and unconstitutional collusion between
the Governor, Congress and the UPA government to de-stabilize
the popularly and democratically-elected government," BJP
spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He alleged Congress-led UPA government has been using
the Governor as its "points-man" for destabilizing the B
S Yeddyurappa government.
"The Governor is an old courtier of the Congress darbar
(court). He has lowered the prestige of the Governor`s
office.... BJP feels that if at all any advisory is required
to be sent from the Centre, it needs to be sent to the
Governor to chasten him and to make him mend his conduct,"
The party is miffed that Bhardwaj sent a report to the
Centre recommending President`s Rule soon after the Supreme
Court had quashed the state Assembly Speaker`s decision
disqualifying 11 BJP MLAs. The ruling party wanted a floor
test to check majority on the floor of the Assembly.
BJP alleged Bhardwaj has converted the Raj Bhawan into a
"hot-bed of political conspiracies".
"Instead of censuring his conduct and removing him, the
Centre has chosen to send an absolutely unwarranted and
unsolicited advisory to the state government. The so-called
advisory constitutes an affront to the federal structure of
our Constitution and is aimed at undermining the authority and
functioning of the state government," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security