BJP MLA threatens to resign from assembly
Bangalore: A BJP MLA, who was in the rival
camp against Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, today threatened
to resign from Assembly citing admission of a JD-U man into
the party fold.
Bagalkot MLA Veeranna Charanthimath, who had identified
himself with the rebels in the revolt against Yeddyurappa, has
faxed his resignation letter to Speaker Jagadish Shettar, BJP
Charanthimath is a strong supporter of Shettar, who was
projected as a replacement for Yeddyurappa by the rival camp.
He has cited admission of P H Poojar, one of his local
political adversaries, into the party as the reason behind the
A district leader, Poojar, who was in the JDS, has
joined the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price