‘BSY charges against me are like blessings’
Bangalore: Seeking to downplay differences between him and former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, state BJP president KS Eswarappa on Monday said the accusations made by the former against him, were like "blessings".
"The allegations made by Yeddyurappa are like a blessing to me. He is senior to me," he said in response to queries on allegations made by Yeddyurappa that he and Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda should be blamed for the present "confusion".
Asserting that Yeddyurappa will clarify later that the allegations against him (Eswarappa) were "baseless", Eswarappa said "this is usual way of giving vent to his anger. I can understand his mental state. If I had to face a CBI enquiry, how I would have reacted?"
Expressing happiness about Yeddyurappa`s decision not to quit the BJP at the moment, he said "I always knew that he would never leave the party. His (Yeddyurappa) statement has only endorsed my faith. Yeddyurappa, I am confident, will continue to build the party as he has always done".
Taking a swipe at the opposition Congress, Eswarappa said the Congress were "gloating" that this would be the end of BJP.
"We have belied their hopes, we will complete our term and resolve our differences by mutual discussions in the coming days," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?