‘BSY charges against me are like blessings’
Bangalore: Seeking to downplay differences between him and former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, state BJP president KS Eswarappa on Monday said the accusations made by the former against him, were like "blessings".
"The allegations made by Yeddyurappa are like a blessing to me. He is senior to me," he said in response to queries on allegations made by Yeddyurappa that he and Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda should be blamed for the present "confusion".
Asserting that Yeddyurappa will clarify later that the allegations against him (Eswarappa) were "baseless", Eswarappa said "this is usual way of giving vent to his anger. I can understand his mental state. If I had to face a CBI enquiry, how I would have reacted?"
Expressing happiness about Yeddyurappa`s decision not to quit the BJP at the moment, he said "I always knew that he would never leave the party. His (Yeddyurappa) statement has only endorsed my faith. Yeddyurappa, I am confident, will continue to build the party as he has always done".
Taking a swipe at the opposition Congress, Eswarappa said the Congress were "gloating" that this would be the end of BJP.
"We have belied their hopes, we will complete our term and resolve our differences by mutual discussions in the coming days," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state