CBI custody of G J Reddy, Ali Khan extended till March 19
Bangalore: A Special Court here today extended the CBI custody of former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his close associate Mehfuz Ali Khan till March 19 in connection with an alleged iron ore scam.
However, four other associates of the duo who had been in CBI custody were remanded to judicial custody till March 19.
All the six, remanded to CBI custody on March 8, were produced before CBI Special Court judge Shreeshananda at the Central Prison premises. Government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh are the other four accused.
While Muthaiah and Raju are already in Parappana Agrahara prison in connection with Reddy`s mining firm Associated Mining Company, Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh were arrested earlier this month by CBI sleuths probing the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada District complying with a Supreme Court directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh