CBI custody of G J Reddy, Ali Khan extended till March 19
Bangalore: A Special Court here today extended the CBI custody of former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his close associate Mehfuz Ali Khan till March 19 in connection with an alleged iron ore scam.
However, four other associates of the duo who had been in CBI custody were remanded to judicial custody till March 19.
All the six, remanded to CBI custody on March 8, were produced before CBI Special Court judge Shreeshananda at the Central Prison premises. Government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh are the other four accused.
While Muthaiah and Raju are already in Parappana Agrahara prison in connection with Reddy`s mining firm Associated Mining Company, Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh were arrested earlier this month by CBI sleuths probing the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada District complying with a Supreme Court directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!