CBI custody of G J Reddy, Ali Khan extended till March 19
Bangalore: A Special Court here today extended the CBI custody of former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his close associate Mehfuz Ali Khan till March 19 in connection with an alleged iron ore scam.
However, four other associates of the duo who had been in CBI custody were remanded to judicial custody till March 19.
All the six, remanded to CBI custody on March 8, were produced before CBI Special Court judge Shreeshananda at the Central Prison premises. Government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh are the other four accused.
While Muthaiah and Raju are already in Parappana Agrahara prison in connection with Reddy`s mining firm Associated Mining Company, Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh were arrested earlier this month by CBI sleuths probing the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada District complying with a Supreme Court directive.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'