CBI custody of G J Reddy, Ali Khan extended till March 19
Bangalore: A Special Court here today extended the CBI custody of former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his close associate Mehfuz Ali Khan till March 19 in connection with an alleged iron ore scam.
However, four other associates of the duo who had been in CBI custody were remanded to judicial custody till March 19.
All the six, remanded to CBI custody on March 8, were produced before CBI Special Court judge Shreeshananda at the Central Prison premises. Government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh are the other four accused.
While Muthaiah and Raju are already in Parappana Agrahara prison in connection with Reddy`s mining firm Associated Mining Company, Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh were arrested earlier this month by CBI sleuths probing the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada District complying with a Supreme Court directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US