CBI issues summons to Reddy`s close aide
Bellary: CBI on Thursday issued summons to owner of
a logistics company and mining baron Janardhan Reddy`s close
aide, Swastik Nagarj, in connection with its ongoing probe
into illegal mining in Karnataka to appear before it in
Bangalore within a week.
"Summons have been issued to Swastik Logistics in
connection with illegal mining case," CBI sources said here.
Summons has also been issued to 12 other logistics
companies and land dealers in Hospet.
CBI sources said summons also would be sent to logistics
companies and land dealers situated and residing in
On March 22, a five member team, headed by CBI
Superintendent of Police, Subramanyeshwar Rao, had inspected
Associated Mining Company and Deccan Mining Syndicate, owned
by former Minister Janardhan Reddy and his wife, in
Ramgad mining area in Sandur taluk in connection with its
ongoing probe into illegal mining.
The team, armed with samples of the iron ore from Belikeri
port which was illegally exported to various countries,
compared it with iron ore in AMC and DMS mining areas,
according to CBI sources.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining
Syndicate are facing a probe for alleged illegal mining
following a Supreme Court directive.AMC had transported 0.80
lakh tons of iron ore to Belikeri port from Ramgad mining area
on March 23 last year, CBI sources said.
CBI officials have also collected iron ore samples
from Krishnapatnam port, which belonged to DMS, sources said.
According to agency sources, the DMS allegedly routed
its iron ore through the Obulapuram Mining Corporation
belonging to Reddy and OMC illegally exported it from
Reddy is in judicial custody at Parappana Agrahara
Central Prison in Bangalore following his arrest by CBI in
connection with an illegal mining case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh