CBI issues summons to Reddy`s close aide
Bellary: CBI on Thursday issued summons to owner of
a logistics company and mining baron Janardhan Reddy`s close
aide, Swastik Nagarj, in connection with its ongoing probe
into illegal mining in Karnataka to appear before it in
Bangalore within a week.
"Summons have been issued to Swastik Logistics in
connection with illegal mining case," CBI sources said here.
Summons has also been issued to 12 other logistics
companies and land dealers in Hospet.
CBI sources said summons also would be sent to logistics
companies and land dealers situated and residing in
On March 22, a five member team, headed by CBI
Superintendent of Police, Subramanyeshwar Rao, had inspected
Associated Mining Company and Deccan Mining Syndicate, owned
by former Minister Janardhan Reddy and his wife, in
Ramgad mining area in Sandur taluk in connection with its
ongoing probe into illegal mining.
The team, armed with samples of the iron ore from Belikeri
port which was illegally exported to various countries,
compared it with iron ore in AMC and DMS mining areas,
according to CBI sources.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining
Syndicate are facing a probe for alleged illegal mining
following a Supreme Court directive.AMC had transported 0.80
lakh tons of iron ore to Belikeri port from Ramgad mining area
on March 23 last year, CBI sources said.
CBI officials have also collected iron ore samples
from Krishnapatnam port, which belonged to DMS, sources said.
According to agency sources, the DMS allegedly routed
its iron ore through the Obulapuram Mining Corporation
belonging to Reddy and OMC illegally exported it from
Reddy is in judicial custody at Parappana Agrahara
Central Prison in Bangalore following his arrest by CBI in
connection with an illegal mining case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31