CBI issues summons to Reddy`s close aide
Bellary: CBI on Thursday issued summons to owner of
a logistics company and mining baron Janardhan Reddy`s close
aide, Swastik Nagarj, in connection with its ongoing probe
into illegal mining in Karnataka to appear before it in
Bangalore within a week.
"Summons have been issued to Swastik Logistics in
connection with illegal mining case," CBI sources said here.
Summons has also been issued to 12 other logistics
companies and land dealers in Hospet.
CBI sources said summons also would be sent to logistics
companies and land dealers situated and residing in
On March 22, a five member team, headed by CBI
Superintendent of Police, Subramanyeshwar Rao, had inspected
Associated Mining Company and Deccan Mining Syndicate, owned
by former Minister Janardhan Reddy and his wife, in
Ramgad mining area in Sandur taluk in connection with its
ongoing probe into illegal mining.
The team, armed with samples of the iron ore from Belikeri
port which was illegally exported to various countries,
compared it with iron ore in AMC and DMS mining areas,
according to CBI sources.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining
Syndicate are facing a probe for alleged illegal mining
following a Supreme Court directive.AMC had transported 0.80
lakh tons of iron ore to Belikeri port from Ramgad mining area
on March 23 last year, CBI sources said.
CBI officials have also collected iron ore samples
from Krishnapatnam port, which belonged to DMS, sources said.
According to agency sources, the DMS allegedly routed
its iron ore through the Obulapuram Mining Corporation
belonging to Reddy and OMC illegally exported it from
Reddy is in judicial custody at Parappana Agrahara
Central Prison in Bangalore following his arrest by CBI in
connection with an illegal mining case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended