Chargesheet filed against BS Yeddyurappa, kin in illegal mining case
Bangalore: Spelling more trouble to disgruntled BJP leader and former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, CBI on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against him, three of his family members and others in the illegal mining kickback case.
The chargesheet against Yeddyurappa, his sons BY Vijayendra and BY Raghavendra, MP, son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar, former Minister Krishnaiah Setty and others was filed before a special CBI court here.
Besides them, the CEO and Senior Vice-President of Bellary- based JSW Steels Ltd, Shimoga-based Prerana Educational and Social Trust run by Yeddyurappa`s family and five other private firms in Bellary have been chargesheeted for alleged abuse of official position and corruption.
The case against Yeddyurappa and others was filed by the CBI as directed by the Supreme Court on May 11 last.
The accused have been charged under IPC sections including 120-B (conspiracy) and 420 (cheating) as also under provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and Karnataka Land (Restriction on) Transfer Act, a CBI release said.
Yeddyurappa resigned as chief minister in July last year after the Lokatyuka report on illegal mining indicted him following which a spate of corruption and land denotification cases have been filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!