Child dies after being given Hepatitis B vaccine
Sirsi (Karnataka): One more child died on Friday due to suspected complications following administering of Hepatitis B vaccine at a local hospital, taking the toll to four in similar cases in Karnataka in the last two days.
According to police, 45-day old baby girl Dhanya Gopal Siddi died of "serious health complications" that arose after being administered the vaccine at a primary health centre in Kalache in Uttara Kannada District.
"Samples of the vaccine are being sent to a laboratory to ascertain whether it was spurious. Meanwhile, District Health Officer has visited the PHC and is looking into the case", police said.
Three children died yesterday following similar complications after they were administered Hepatitis B vaccination at a local hospital in Hospet in Bellary district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video