Child dies after being given Hepatitis B vaccine
Sirsi (Karnataka): One more child died on Friday due to suspected complications following administering of Hepatitis B vaccine at a local hospital, taking the toll to four in similar cases in Karnataka in the last two days.
According to police, 45-day old baby girl Dhanya Gopal Siddi died of "serious health complications" that arose after being administered the vaccine at a primary health centre in Kalache in Uttara Kannada District.
"Samples of the vaccine are being sent to a laboratory to ascertain whether it was spurious. Meanwhile, District Health Officer has visited the PHC and is looking into the case", police said.
Three children died yesterday following similar complications after they were administered Hepatitis B vaccination at a local hospital in Hospet in Bellary district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH