Complaints against Legislators posted to Apr 5
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Wednesday posted
to April 5 for orders the question of whether to order a probe
on two private complaints filed against two legislators,
including one alleging amassing of wealth to the tune of Rs
300 crore, disproportionate to their known sources of income.
A private complaint was filed against BJP MLA from
Rajarajeshwarinagar assembly constituency, M Srinivas charging
him and his family members of amassing wealth disproportionate
to their known sources of income.
The complaint filed by Dinesh, a social activist alleged
that Srinivas while filing his nominations had declared his
assets to be much less and that the value of his assets as of
date is over Rs 300 crore.
Apart from Srinivas, others named in the case are his wife
Ratnamma, corporator son Venkatesh babu and daughter-in-law.
Another complaint was filed against JDS MLC, E Krishnappa
by one Raghu, an engineer with Bangalore Electric Supply
company, charging him with getting 29.3 guntas (a gunta is
1/40th of an acre) of land in Bangalore North Taluk denotified
for "pecuniary gain" in 2009 when JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy
was the Chief Minister.
Besides Krishnappa, the four others named in the case are
K N Prakash, Muniraju, Premnath Reddy and Vijay Kumar.
Both complaints were filed yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible